Friday, June 30, 2017

Mother Nature Towels

I'm still weaving towels, but just not as much recently.  I got inspired by this magazine ad in colors that are definitely not my colors.  Working with colors that I don't particularly appeal to me is a good challenge.


Color Inspiration

I played around with what colors to use and decided on six.  I didn't have just the right orange, so I decided on a red and a couple of olivey greens to go with the navy and melon.  

Yarn Colors

This is 10/2 mercerized cotton, sett at 30 epi.  These were threaded as an 8-shaft variable point and treadled with a 2-2-1-1-1-1 twill tie-up.  


Full Drawdown


Drawdown Detail

I wove ten towels with weft colors that were the same as the warp colors.  The treadling was mostly an 8-point twill but I used other variations of point twills.


Finished Towels



Details with Yellow Weft

Because I named these Mother Nature Towels, to match the ad information, I kept hearing the Beatle's song, "Mother Nature's Son" so I'll leave you a link so that you can hear it too... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZJMaRMbRro  

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm not the only one of my friends who loves your towels! One of my SJ friends has absolutely worn hers out and needs a new one. Any of these for sale? They're gorgeous--as always!

Jewels said...

These are lovely Ingrid - rich colours!